- I’ve been on my diet for a few days now and I’m already down 2 pounds! I’m proud of that.
- We’re already discussing what to get the kids for Christmas, and I’m mostly clueless on everyone but Kayliana.
- Kayliana has been working really hard on her back handspring. She’s almost got it!
- Xander is finally starting to play by himself without getting into trouble.
- Tristan complains about school in the morning, but then tells me it is awesome when he gets home.
- I’ve taken a liking to spending time out on the lanai, even if it is warm out here.
- I had my first “dance competition” meeting for Addison, and watched her do her tap dance. She’s really good, and I’m glad we decided to go in this direction with her, even if it is super expensive.
- Kayliana has her first gymnastics competition in 2 weeks. She’s nervous, but I’m excited to watch her compete!
- I’m excited about the opportunity to move, but I have a feeling it isn’t going to go as we hoped it would when we get started.
- I can’t believe that it’s September already. My girls will be 7 and 9 this month!
I’ve been incredibly bad at taking pictures lately. I can’t even remember the last time I took any sort of “professional” sort of picture. I need to pause at times and remember to break out my camera. I’m probably missing a lot of little moments in life because I’m NOT grabbing my camera, so it’s time for me to start doing that again. I’m a photographer, god damn it, I should have that camera in my hand practically all the time, and I don’t. It’s like I just got… I don’t know.. careless I guess. Even if I grab that camera for just a few minutes each day, that is good enough for me. I did just that today. Everyone is out of school and while the girls are on the computer indoors, I’m on my computer outdoors, doing homework while the boys play on the lanai. As I was watching them, I decided to snag my camera and take a few pictures. I do need to get some “professional” pictures of the kids done soon though. We’re taking a trip in 2 weeks so I’m thinking of buying outfits specifically for it and find neat, new places to take portraits and to get a few of all 4 of mine together. Hopefully you guys will start seeing more pictures, more often!
I know, I’ve been missing from my own blog, but I swear it is because life is crazy busy and I don’t have much to say. I’m going to try to change that. I promise… seriously!
Life for me, like I said, is crazy busy. The kids are back in school now, they still have their extra curricular activities, I’m running my daycare – which I have 3 kids – and I’m back in college, with condensed classes that have me super busy during the evening times. That said, the time to myself is pretty much non-existent. I run the daycare 6 days a week – including Saturday. Sunday is my only day off, and I need to start taking that day to do something for myself, or to at least be by myself even if for just a short amount of time. I love my kids, and I love my husband, and I even love that I’m in school again, and the fact that the kids DO have those extra curricular activities AND my daycare kids, but really, I NEED that me time too. I need to take a step back to do something, anything, for myself.
That said, I’m also trying to do something for MYSELF as far as health, self-esteem and comfort. I weigh more now, than I did when I was 16 weeks pregnant with Xander. This seriously depresses me. I seriously have had enough of my extra weight. My clothes don’t fit, I’m depressed and self conscious and it’s seriously messing up my personal life in a few ways. I am still in the “normal” weight range, however, I’m bigger than I’d like to be. I hate wearing shorts because I hate the way I look in them. I can’t wear tank tops or camis alone because my stomach is too big for that sort of thing. People say that my weight is fine, and I look fine, and it may appear that way to THEM, but there is only so much confidence you can have in yourself, and if your self esteem is suffering for any reason whatsoever, you need to fix that the best you can. My weight is mine! It’s what I need to do for myself. I just started my diet on Friday, so I’ve only been on it a few days. I’d exercise, but right now, it’s not only too hot out for that, my foot is still feeling pain from when I broke it, so not much I can do there right now. My goal is to lose a total of 15 pounds. I think I’d be extremely content with that at this point. Right now, I’m looking at about 3 months time to lose that. My goal is to be at that weight by Christmas.
These are just a few things I need to do for myself. Hopefully in a month or two, I can actually update on how I look, how I’m feeling, and how life has changed for the better. We will see how it goes!
I want to take the time to talk about my . I have a little over a month to go before this project ends. There are a ton of things that I didn’t get to do, but overall, I’m happy with what I have accomplished on it. There is still time though, so I’m not counting out everything that is left.
Lets talk about some of the things that have recently been marked off the list.
Get my 3rd tattoo – this one was done just recently. Not only did I get one representing Tristan, within it, I also got it to represent Xander too.
Go back to school – I have officially started classes this past Monday. I’m heading for my Early Childhood Education degree as we speak!
Open a savings account for the kids – While they don’t have a lot of money in it, this is at least complete for all 4 children.
Visit the dentist – I’ve done this a few times this year actually. A few fillings and a wisdom tooth extraction later and I still need to go back!
Get prescription sunglasses – When I got my new glasses recently, I decided to get sunglasses as well. Now I don’t have to squint to see anything in the day time.
Learn CPR – Completed last year, and needs to be completed again.
I THINK I may have blogged about some of these over the past few months, and I think in the upgrade of my blog somewhat recently, my Day Zero wasn’t updated in the process, so I need to go through and fix that after I submit this post. Anyways, there are at least 2 that I’m hoping to stick with and I have just over a month to do it!
This is going to be a very very long Wordless Wednesday. I’m catching up from the summer so that I can be more up to date with everything, and maybe be more inclined to take pictures again. Here we go…
- I can’t believe that school starts in less than a week. The summer went by a little too fast.
- The remainder of the week is going to be super busy for me. On top of our own 4 kids, I have 3 daycare kids for the rest of the week.
- I’ve gone into the junk food munchies this week. Thanks PMS.
- I’m feeling like super woman lately with all the things I have been doing and with taking care of 5 to 7 kids at one time on a regular basis.
- I’m such a clumsy person lately. First a fractured foot and now a bruised hand from accidentally hitting the wall, and I just busted up my knee by hitting it on my own laptop.
- Tristan is still in the world of “Why’s?” It drives me nuts!
- Xander had his 18 month appointment today. He’s 33.5in tall and 23lbs. He got 2 shots today.
- I got my college books today. I officially am feeling like a “student.”
- My sleep habits have really sucked lately. I either have insomnia or feel like I do not get enough sleep. I just want to be on a regular schedule.
- Life is pretty ordinary lately
I know, it’s been 2 months since Tristan’s 4th birthday, and I never posted pictures. I was stupid and forgot my camera for his actual birthday party. We went to a place called Escape Zone. They have bounce houses and then arcade games. He had a blast though. After we got home, he opened up his presents. I’m only including a few.. but here is my… not so Wordless Wednesday.
- My foot still hurts, so, I’m about 99% positive that it is broke, and I refuse to go to the doctor.
- Our van was broken into over the weekend. Fun stuff! Luckily, we hadn’t been using it so there was nothing useful inside.
- I have today off from my daycare kids. I’m spending it cleaning, doing laundry and being lazy where I can be.
- I really need and want to lose weight – unfortunately, my foot is hindering any sort of exercise.
- Xander is incredibly rotten lately. I don’t even know how to handle this kid. If I wasn’t sure I was done before, I certainly am now.
- I need a vacation… a real one.
- Our weather is so funky lately. It’s so dreary and depressing
- I’m already stressing out about the costs of Christmas and it’s not even Fall yet!
- My appetite is back, so I feel like I constantly want to eat again. I miss my loss of appetite to be honest.
- I start school soon! Agh! So not prepared for all of this!
As some of you know, Willie and I have taken on a writing platform project. It definitely isn’t working out like I hoped it would. It’s amazing how many people don’t realize how hard you are actually working on something, and then when you make a suggestion, they completely put you down. I’m starting to regret having anything to do with the site, and I think my being part of this site, is preventing me from getting paid from ANOTHER site. It is totally sucking and I’m drained and completely disappointed in all of it, altogether. I’d much rather just hide in a hole and never come out at this point.
Maybe depression is starting to settle in. I’m not sure. I know that I’m extremely tired all the time and I never want to get out and do anything anymore. That’s pretty un-like me. I’d rather get out and about. Who knows, maybe it is the weather. We have a lot of nasty weather here lately and the clear blue skies haven’t been around in awhile.
Everything is just completely draining me right now. I needed to vent a little, so I suppose if you are reading this, at least, thanks for listening!
I know, I haven’t done one of these in a very long time, but I’m reading more often, so I think it is time to start it up again. Right now, I’m currently reading the 5th book in “The Ghost Bird” series by CL Stone. It is called “Drop of Doubt.”
I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I like the series, but there are things that bug me about it. First, I’m not fond of a naive female main character. They bug me, and this series, has just that. If you aren’t familiar with the series, it is about this new girl, named Sang, who moves in to a new place. Her father is absent a lot and her mother is abusive. She attempts to run away and when she does, she runs into this one guy, named Kota. She then basically meets this group of guys from some place called “The Academy.” They have a ton of secrets that they can’t relay to her, so she just basically has to “trust” them. They all fall in love with her and she falls in love with them. This is where book 4 started to irritate me.
It has started to turn into a polygamist story. This 15, almost 16 year old girl falls in love with 7 to 9 guys and they all fall in love with her. I wont give away more of the story though, because you’ll have to read it on your own if you want to find out what happens. The premise is holding my attention – obviously! I mean, I AM on book 5 and I’ve probably gotten to book 5 in about a months time, just to show you how quick I’m reading it. So far, I’ve pretty much given the series 3 out of 5 stars.
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2014