I know that I’ve been gone from my blog for nearly a month. I haven’t even done a 10 on Tuesday in awhile. Things have just been so crazy hectic around here.
The holidays are usually enjoyable to me, but money is tight and I am struggling to purchase the kids Christmas gifts. I don’t usually stress about money, but with our rent going up, not being able to have the opportunity to move, and having to purchase presents for the kids is causing things to get more difficult for me, and it’s really stressing me out.
Gymnastics competition is officially over. Kayliana finally received her first 9.0+ at her states competition. She earned it on beam. Now, at gym, she’s working on level 3 skills, but I’m not sure she’s ready to move up just yet. Now, dance competition season is about ready to come in for Addison.
Daycare has had its ups and downs. I just recently terminated my nephew again for aggression. He bit another child and left a pretty big mark and bruised the 1 year olds finger. My brother is mad at me, but its whatever. I only started watching him under the condition he would get his child the therapy that his child so desperately needs. Neither parent wants to help this poor child and it’s going to ruin him for life. 6 months later, no therapy, and his behavior and aggression towards other children has not improved. I had to let him go, and no matter the condition, he’ll not be allowed to return.
Onto school, the kids are doing just fine, but we are coming up on the time to pick school of choice. I want to pull them out of the school they are in as I don’t think they are progressing as well as I feel they should. Kayliana went from an advanced student to almost below average. It turned out that way after switching schools, so I feel like that says something.
I don’t think there is much else to say that is going on really. I have pictures I need to upload and everything though, and hopefully I can slowly catch up.
I know I’m very late on a Halloween post, but well, you saw my last post and how difficult this month has already been for me. But, I’m here now, and ready to post about Halloween.
The kids had a blast trick or treating. We went to a local neighborhood and they always have a ton of people handing out candy. Xander was a big hit in his Police Man costume. He wouldn’t wear his hat though, but he was still super cute! Kayliana was a devil, Addison was a fairy, and Tristan was Iron Man. I was SO glad to not have a princess this past Halloween. I’m so over the princess thing. I also had a daycare kid with me for about a half hour, so I have pictures of him too for his first Halloween. Anyways, here are some pictures from Halloween.
The past two weeks have been really tough on us as a family. It seems like it is one thing after another. Nothing is going right for us at this point.
For starters, we have to wait another year before we can consider moving. We have to wait until our bankruptcy is discharged to even apply for a home loan again, and that isn’t until a month before our contract for rent is up, and it’s obviously not enough time to go looking for a house. It’s a problem for me because I really want to start my “official” daycare and be able to put my name out there more instead of it being word of mouth. Of course, word of mouth is awesome, but still, I feel like I’m so limited. I can’t decorate how I would want and I can’t put a fence up and a playground in my yard. It sucks! It’s times like this where I wish I had a family member who was willing to buy a home and let us rent it out until we can “buy” it from them.
Next, both vehicles had issues. Our truck is well… I don’t know what the heck is wrong with it. It will just stop when you are driving. Everyone guesses that it is the fuel pump, so we are waiting until we can fix it but for now, we have the van running. It’s still acting a bit different than it should, but it is running.
This week, my kid also broke my laptop. I guess he stepped on it or something, and the screen is shot. I can’t afford another, so I have to rely on Willie’s laptop when I can. I have online classes so I HAVE to be on the computer at times. I hate using his laptop because I feel like I’m inconveniencing him, but I guess it is what it is. I will have to wait a few months I guess to get my own again.
The worst part, we had a death in the family. My dear step-dad, Sam, was fighting Castlemans Disease. He lost his battle on Monday. I am heartbroken. He was a wonderful, great person. He’s probably the best person I’ve ever had the chance to know. He was amazing! I’m going to miss him so so much. Kayliana was really broken up about it and she broke my heart when she told me “I just wish I could have gotten to see him one more time.” Totally heartbreaking. I ended up crying myself to sleep on Monday and woke up with red, puffy, swollen eyes. It really isn’t fair that he’s gone. Him and my dad both deserved a good life together. I am devastated for my father and I hope that he’ll be able to pull through this. I hate that I cannot be there for him.
That’s pretty much how my month of November has gone. It’s been an awful month and I’m not sure how much more I can take on. I can’t get any more bad news or have anything else bad happen. I just do not think my nerves can handle it at this moment. I’ve been busy with the daycare though and the kids are keeping me busy so it keeps my mind off all the bad things at times. It’s just been a really bad month for me. I just want ONE good thing to happen out of this month, and so far, it hasn’t happened yet. All these bad things have happened and we aren’t even 2 weeks into the month. It’s ridiculous.
- I have a doctors appointment today. I’m seriously afraid that I’ll walk out of that office tomorrow without any answers of what is wrong with me.
- Xander has been a handful at night lately. He gets up multiple times screaming. I’m thinking it is his teeth since he appears to be getting some molars in.
- For 2 weeks, I’ve got an 8 week old that I am babysitting. Starting next week, I’ll have like a 5 or 6 week old that I’ll be watching – for just another 2 weeks. They are temporary *babysitting* slots. After all this newborn squishiness, I am positive I still don’t want another.
- Our newest dog has been pretty good lately. He’s starting to learn. I ended up getting a DNA test on him to find out what he is out of curiosity. Turns out, his need for jumping on people out of excitement is the boxer in him. This pup has gotten HUGE fast!
- I’ve completed 2 classes this semester at this point. I received an A in both classes. I am still in one class that goes until December, and another just started for the next 5 weeks. I’m seriously hoping for 2 more A’s to end my semester!
- We were going to go to Disney this Sunday, but then I had to change our plans. It’s one of my daycare kids birthday parties and I want to be there for it, so we’ve moved it to the following weekend.
- My sister is coming in just a few weeks. I hope that her visit goes okay.
- I haven’t been reading as much lately. Maybe it’s because of how busy I am. I’m sure others would wonder how I have time to read at all given my schedule.
- It looks like we’ll be in this house for another year provided our rent doesn’t go up and our landlord allows us to stay. We’ll see how it goes I guess.
- I missed the gym last week, but I’m back at it this week. Hoping for another inch lost soon!
I haven’t done a weight loss update in awhile. The truth is, there isn’t much to update. While I was originally down 2 pounds, I’m now back up those 2 pounds, unfortunately. It isn’t for a lack of trying to be honest. I’ve been at the gym for a month now. No weight loss at all, however, I’m trying to not be too down on myself for it because I have lost an inch in my stomach, waist and hips. Visually, when taking pictures, I can see my body shape changing. I guess with 4 kids, you have to expect that the muscles in your stomach just aren’t what you want them to be. My stomach is my biggest problem area. I know it is going to take forever to lose that. My skin has stretched multiple times, and I have to accept that it could take me a really long time for this particular problem area to not be much of a problem area.
At this point, it looks as though I am losing fat while gaining muscle – hence the no weight loss. The important part is that with pictures, I can see my body changing. I told Willie that I had 4 kids, to give me 4 years to get where I would like to be (completely flat stomach and toned arms, legs, butt and abs).
I also have to take into consideration that I run a daycare and my kids are in extra curricular activities. While at times, I can spend 1.5 hours at the gym, there are times where I can barely be there for a half an hour. I have to take what I can at this point. The fact of the matter is though, I feel better about myself just by actually going to the gym. It makes me feel like I’m not just sitting here letting myself get fat, I’m working on it, I’m keeping myself active and I am actively doing something about the fat.
A very very late Wordless Wednesday
- It is just past 11:30pm and I’m writing this up. It IS still technically Tuesday, so I figured why not!
- I’m starting to finally notice small changes from going to the gym. I need to be a bit better about my eating habits but at least I’m noticing a difference in my own body, and that is the biggest deal for me. I have a long way to go, but at least progress is being made.
- I got off of my birth control because it was screwing me up. No, I have no plans on having another – definitely not, but until I can find a doctor I trust to tie my tubes, we are doing what we can to avoid getting pregnant. Hopefully no surprise babies!
- Money sucks! We always always struggle between September and January every single year. I don’t know what it is about this time of year that causes us to be like this.
- We got our newest cat and dog neutered today. I spent less on both of them by finding a Humane Society that did them than I would have spent if I took them to our regular vet for just one of them.
- I took a 3 hour nap earlier today and I think it was a mistake, since now, I’m up at almost midnight.
- I’ve been drinking coffee like crazy lately, and it doesn’t help that we have a Starbucks around the corner now, so when I’m out, I’ll grab one of those when I can too!
- I’ve got 2 daycare kids tomorrow and am thinking that I’ll be having my kids go into school late in the morning. We need to get to a few cities over to get Kayliana’s glasses, and trying to do it after school is nearly impossible.
- Totally random, but I’m craving mashed potatoes and gravy.
- I am not looking forward to waking up at 6:30am tomorrow morning! Gah!
Kayliana had her 2nd gymnastics meet yesterday. We had to make an almost 2 hour trip to Lakeland to go to it. Once we figured out the teams she was up again, we knew it was going to be a tough competition. We had gyms there that pretty much always win everything. We also noticed that these judges were far pickier and tough. Overall, she did better this competition, but because of the difference in judges, she scored lower. Different judges, different views I guess. No big deal though. Even if she didn’t meet the minimum last time around to qualify for states, she still ended up qualifying for states this time around. She walked away a little bummed with her scores, but, she also walked away with 2 medals this time. Hard to compete with a single gym that has over 25 of their girls competing in the competition!!! Next competition is not only closer, but 2 of the more difficult gyms to beat will not be there, however, we have a local competitor that will be there and we are hoping to at least kick their butts!
7th Overall on Beam
8th Overall on All Events
5th Overall – Team Award
And just a proud mama of her gymnast
And, of course, the videos of her competition for this meet.
BEAM – 8.975
Floor – 8.000
Vault – 8.050
Bars – 8.325
Clearwater is a very popular beach here in Florida. We haven’t been with our kids, so we wanted to take them there while we were around the Tampa area a few weeks ago when we were there for Kayliana’s first gymnastics meet. We made a mini vacation out of it, actually. We headed up there on a Saturday afternoon and hit the beach and stayed at a hotel that night and headed to University of Tampa on Sunday morning for Kay’s meet. It was super hot out but the kids had a lot of fun at the beach. You can tell they are my kids because I’m very much a beach lover!
Here are some pictures from that day.
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2014