- Yeah, I know, I haven’t uploaded pictures yet, but I’m going to and then I’m going to schedule it for tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday.
- I have a massive headache today. I hate it. I’ve also been nauseated for almost 3 weeks straight and I don’t know why.
- I’m actually really glad to only have 1 daycare kid today.
- Xander will eat anything and everything off of the floor. Sometimes, I don’t even know where he finds the stuff.
- School starts in less than a month, and I haven’t even thought about school shopping.
- I need a new phone some kind of badly. Unfortunately, I have to wait until August before I can even consider it, and I’ll likely go back to the Iphone.
- We haven’t done much this summer. I think we need to do something this weekend. It’s been awhile since the kids have gone anywhere outside of my moms and dance/gymnastics.
- My motivation to get up and do anything has pretty much been non-existent lately. I don’t know if it’s because of the way I feel or something else.
- I’ve been back into reading lately, so I need to start my What I’m Reading Thursday again.
- I really need to get back into the blogging mode, but I feel like our life is so boring right now.
Wow, it’s been about 3 weeks since I bothered to update my blog. That’s pretty crappy of me! I need to get working on that. Later, I think I’ll end up doing an all picture post since it’s been awhile since I have actually uploaded images onto my computer. Lets see if I can do a little update. Not too much is going on here.
Lets start with the kids….. Xander is a little hellion. He gets into absolutely everything he can. He’s certainly a handful and difficult to keep up with at times. He’s still my sweet cuddly man though and his favorite word is “mommy.” He pretty much says it all day long. He has a few words but not a lot. I’m not concerned. Vocab explosion is between 18 and 24 months and he’s only 17 months. He has a handful of words and the doctor says that is perfectly normal. This kid has a major attitude and temper tantrum problem though when he doesn’t get his way.
Tristan is in his I’m not going to listen stage. That behavior chart we have? Yeah, I’m pretty sure he hasn’t earned treasure box all summer long. Most of the time, he is in red. He’s certainly pushing his limits with us. Boys… they drive me nuts.
Addison has started the mini premiere dance team and has also joined Hip Hop and she is also on the gymnastics prep team. She goes to the studio, 3 days a week. The mini premiere includes tap, ballet and jazz. So, all in all, she’s in 4 different styles of dance, plus gymnastics. She’s also in a not listening phase. She pretty much just tells us she doesn’t want to do something and doesn’t care if she “gets in red.” It’s driving me crazy.
Kayliana is still on the gymnastics competition team. She’ll start competing in September and we just purchased her team uniform for the studio. She’s still doing privates every other week but is still having some trouble with her vault. You may have remembered that I was forcing her to do ballet. I figured it would help her floor and beam routines. I told her, she only had to do it for the 2 months prior to competition, and if she wanted to stop, she could. After watching the dance recital this year, she’s decided to do dance too. So, not only is she in the ballet I am making her do (and she says she enjoys it) she has also chosen to do hip hop and jazz. She’s in the same hip hop class as Addison but because of her flexibility level from gymnastics, they’ve moved her to the older class for jazz. I believe most of the girls there around about 12 years old, so she’s definitely the youngest… and shortest. LOL. She seemed to enjoy her first week of it all though. She now goes to the studio, 6 days a week. Yep, only 1 day off. She chose this!
Now, lets move onto me….. I stopped watching one little boy since his parents qualified to receive county/state help to pay for child care, so they went to a center. Now, I’m watching the kid I only had on Saturday, full time during the week, and my nephew has returned on an every 2 week basis. That’s kind of a long story. At least, I still have kids to watch though! I seriously can’t wait to move into our own house though and become registered/licensed.
I’ve been quite nauseous the past few weeks. No, I’m not pregnant. I think it could be hormone related but I’ve also read that it could be anemia related or something far worse. So, my first step is to take some iron with Vitamin C and see if it starts to make me feel better, if it doesn’t, it’s time to go to the doctor and likely get some blood work taken care of to see what the issue could be.
That’s pretty much it around here. Not a huge update, nothing exciting going on. Same old boring stuff. Stay tuned for some pictures later!
Happy July everyone! June just flew by. Before I know it, school will be starting again. Back again this week for the 10 on Tuesday.
- I am likely losing a daycare kid by August. She’s getting child care credit, and I’m likely not going to be the cheaper route anymore. I’m totally attached to the kid, so it really sucks, plus I need the money too!
- Addison is officially in the competition dance team. The competition team consists of tap, ballet and jazz. On top of this, she will also be taking hip hop and she has joined the gymnastics prep team as well.
- Kayliana is starting dance this year. She is doing ballet and hip hop. At first she didn’t want to do any dance, but I think watching Addison and the other dancers do the recital had her change her mind. She’s even considering doing recital next year. Her and Addison will be in the same hip hop class.
- Xander is sick. I don’t know where he got it but he’s in a very foul mood this week. Constantly unhappy and crying.
- I watched the second season of Orange is the New Black finally. It was way better than the first season! Now, I’m waiting for Hemlock Grove to start.
- I’ve been slacking on cleaning lately. I managed to get my floors done this weekend but that is about it. Everything else is just minor clean up here and there to make the house look presentable.
- We finally got rid of Reese, the yorkie. I’m so glad to be rid of him to be honest.
- I stopped watching Addison’s friend. There was just too much fighting going on, and now, it’s official. I refuse to accept any kid over age 3 and when I take on a kid, they will be 1 or younger.
- I’m seriously stressing about money for the kids dance and gymnastics. I didn’t realize it would be so expensive. I even created a gofundme account for it.
- Only about 3 more months before we start the process of looking for a house. I’m excited!
I’ve seen a ton of posts and pictures on all sorts of social media this past weekend about their daughters having their dance recitals. Well, Addison had hers last week. We ended up having dress rehearsal on the 11th and her actual dance recital was the 14th and 15th. Since we aren’t allowed to take video during the recital, I took video of her dress rehearsal. All of the little girls were definitely looking at Addison to see what to do next. She’s pretty much the only one who knew exactly what to do and when. She, I believe, is also the older one of who is in there. Now, after being told by her dance teacher that she’s the best in the class and has a knack for dance, we’re attempting putting her in what is called the “Mini Premiere” team. It’s a competition team, so if she gets in, she’ll have 2 competitions near the end of the year and will be in the recital more than just the two times she was in it before.
Anyway, you can definitely tell that some of the kids had no clue what they were doing, so I’m glad to see her pushing forward, with hopefully, a better dance class where most of the kids are on the same level. Here are the videos. She is the 3rd one from the left. She sort of stands out, as she’s the only one with really blonde hair.
Her Ballet Rehearsal: You can see how the others are looking at her for what is next.
Her Jazz Recital: There was a stupid little skit that I really did not care for before Addison’s class came out. It was Dorothy, The Lion and The Tin Man and then Addison’s class comes in as peasants. I didn’t record the 3 kids that came out first (who aren’t part of her original class by the way – so the kids were so confused when they all of a sudden started dancing with them). She is the 4th from the left in this one.
So, I’m trying to catch up. I’ve fallen behind quite a bit. June has been a very busy month for us as a family, and now, instead of watching 1 child, I have 3! So, things are moving up as far as that goes, however, I might be (and probably will be) losing a kid by August.
Anyway, the first weekend in June, Kayliana had an in house competition meet. They did all 4 events and were judged by colors. Blue was the best, then red, then white and then yellow. I think blue is an 8.5 to a 10.0 or something like that and red is a 8.0-8.5 and white being 7.4-8.0 and yellow being below 7.4 or something along those lines. I don’t really remember. Anyway, she got a blue on beam and floor, a red on bars (which SHOULD have been a blue) and a white on Vault. The reason for the white on vault is because this is her weakest event. She is supposed to go into a handstand flat back and she bends her knees on it. The second try, she just literally planted her face into the mat without jumping because her foot slipped off the vault. Her minimum score would have been a 34. Of course, it could have been higher, but not knowing the true score, you have to assume the lowest. The highest you can get, is 40.
Here are the videos of her performing. She starts competition for USAG in September. Her first one I believe is in Tampa on September 13th-14th.
I’ve created a summer schedule of sorts. I have Addison’s friend for the summer, so I have 2 6 year olds, an 8 year old and a 4 year old on top of the 3 younger ones I have this summer too, Xander and then the 2 babies (6 & 7 mos old). After just a few days of having Addison’s friend here, it is completely official. I will only take babies in the future. When Tristan goes off to Kindergarten and it’s time for another spot to open, I’ll open it up to an infant first and foremost. Toddlers aren’t so bad but when you have a 4, 5 or 6 year old coming in, they already know their own rules at home, which makes them believe that MY rules do not apply. All Addison and her friend have done is fight… all day long! It’s driving me crazy
With that said, I’ve been trying to keep them busy. We have Make it Monday where we make something – it could be an arts & crafts or cooking something. Tuesday is our Take a Trip day… we always go somewhere on this day. Wednesday is What is Baking Wednesday so we always will be baking some sort of treat on Wednesday’s. Thursday is Thinking Thursday, where we will be going to the library. Friday is our Fun Theme Friday. It’s like their spirit day of sorts. This week, our Friday will consist of Pajama Day. We’ll be in Pajama’s all day long. I’ve added Arts & Crafts in there at some point during the day and Outside Play but mostly, they just want free play. Getting them on a schedule is tough. They also are not fond of my menu for each week either.
I’m trying to get the kids to eat the same thing at the same time. Instead of Addison choosing Poptarts, Kayliana choosing Pancakes and Tristan choosing cereal, and so on for breakfast, I’ve come up with a menu. This menu consists of their breakfast, AM snack, lunch and PM snack. I’ve added fruits, veggies, protein and grains in there in an attempt to get them to eat better. We still have some sweets and chips, but for the most part, it’s a decent menu, and the kids should have no issues eating what is on it. I’ve been doing a lot of fruit smoothies with cucumber or kale and the kids LOVE it. They don’t taste the veggies in it so it’s a win-win situation!
It’s only the first week of summer, but I’m not sure that next year, I will bother to offer summer care. I think I may very well eventually go from “Daycare” to “Daycare and Preschool” in the future. I will limit myself to kids that are not older than 3 years old, so at 4 they’ll be forced to go into VPK somewhere, and then they can pay the VPK wrap fees elsewhere. I think I just prefer the babies. I don’t know why they are so expensive at actual daycares. I really believe that the older kids are more difficult. I thought that they would be easier because they are more self sufficient but the fighting that they do just makes it go downhill. I feel like I’m not their child care provider (or mother) but a referee instead.
I’m hoping that the girls attitudes get better.. I really do. I don’t know how I will handle this constant arguing and fighting thing all summer long otherwise!
Here are some pictures of the park day this past Tuesday….
Last Friday, Tristan had his moving on up ceremony. He’s graduating preschool and heading into VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten). It’s the same school but now, he’ll really be gearing up for Kindergarten. These kids are growing too quickly! I can’t believe that in a little over a year he WILL be in Kindergarten. It’s crazy.
Anyway, this goof ball of a child, the class clown, the one that begs for attention and tries to be the center of it. Well, he froze up completely while performing in front of every body. I was shocked! He started down in his procession and when he saw us, he started walking towards us instead of going straight with the rest of his class. I’m not sure what he was thinking. Then, as he was standing in front of everyone, he just sort of stood there with a lost look on his face. I have some video or photos of that day. I wish I had gotten him walking the procession because it was funny but where I thought I was recording it, I wasn’t. Sometimes this video recording thing on my camera drives me crazy.
Here is just one video, but you can see how apprehensive he is.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/tzY-3Op-Tyc” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
And two pics of Xander before we left.
Yep, it’s official… he is definitely MINE!
- We’ve officially started summer here. School is out. The kids got their report cards and both have straight A’s.
- As far as “daycare” goes… I’m full. I can’t take on another kid until Tristan goes to Kindergarten. I have a 6 month old and a 7 month old and will have a newborn in a few months.
- I’m still sticking with the portion control diet. It’s tough because I’m itching for some Reeses but I’ve been really good about it. I’ve been doing the exercises too.
- Me and Willie fiddle with the idea of another kid, even though we said we were done. I think my issue is that I want a girl.
- We’re still trying to decide if trying to buy a house in the exact location we are looking for or seeing if money will allow us to buy a lot, clear it and put our own house on it would be better. I can’t wait to dig into this new house thing a bit more in a few months.
- The girls and I saw Maleficent in the theatres on Sunday. It was really really good!
- I can’t seem to get into any books lately. I guess I’m in a reading slump.
- If I wasn’t babysitting, I think I would have done an impromptu day at Disney this week.
- Kayliana has her in house competition for gymnastics this weekend. I’m really looking forward to it and hoping she does well. I know that if she doesn’t qualify to go to competitions come September, she’ll be upset.
- Being with all these kids this summer is going to seriously make me need a Moms Night Out at some point for sure!
Since I stopped breastfeeding Xander a few months ago, I have begun to start gaining weight. While I never “lost” weight while breastfeeding, apparently, it was at least preventing me from gaining. I went through this same process with Tristan. I am now back up to the weight that I was before I lost 6 lbs prior to getting pregnant with Xander, however, I believe the inches around my mid-section, waist and hips are bigger. I’m very unhappy with my body. It makes me depressed. It’s time to start doing something about it. I’ve tried T25, I’ve tried Insanity. Truth is, I just don’t really have the momentum to keep up all of that hard core exercising. I’ve been incredibly bad with fast food and junk food, and probably eating way more than I really need to.
I’ve decided to do portion control with a bit of exercising thrown in. Nothing dramatic but definitely some things to help tone my own body. I’ve done a bit of research and I found the 21 Day Fix program. While I’m not necessarily doing that program, it gave me a good idea to start really sectioning off what I’m supposed to be eating and start to eat better. I went to the store and spent a crap load of money on fruits and vegetables and I’m ready to start giving myself correct portions and eating better. I’m hoping that with the combination together, that within a month, I can have some pretty decent results! We will see how it goes!
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2014