Yes, I’m doing a post about just me! I haven’t done one in awhile. Now, I’m not used to talking about myself, so I might end up talking about my kids in the long run anyway.
Lets start with my allergies. I stopped taking my medication. Each was running about $100 each and I just couldn’t afford it. I was on the more expensive medicine because I was breastfeeding at the time that I went. Well, apparently my body started reacting really badly to the allergens around me and they started affecting my body in over drive mode. I started getting really bad hives all over my body. They lasted a week before I had my allergist appointment and she put me on medicine that was not as expensive now that I’m done nursing. However, all of them together still run me about $70. But, I guess that is WAY better than about $200-300.
Next, we have my future…. What do I mean by that? Well, I’m going back to school. I hope anyway! I’ve still got to get a piece of financial aid information sent to the school, but if all goes well, I should qualify for a pell grant that will cover the cost of 2 semesters. I have everything else taken care of. I am really ready to go back! I’m going back for Early Childhood Education. I want to be a preschool teacher or a Kindergarten teacher. It seems completely different than what I ever thought I would want for myself, but as I’ve gotten older, this is what I want to do. In the meantime, I am looking to do daycare.
I’ve already started running a daycare practically. I’ve been watching my nephew (more on that in another post) and a 6 month old during the week. While doing this, I’m also doing my training to get my certificate and credentials for family home child care. Hopefully, I’ll then be able to get my license to become a LICENSED home daycare. We will see how that goes, but I am certainly hoping for the best.
There’s not much else going on with me outside of those things, so I’ll stop there!
A few weeks ago, we had our first beach trip for the year. Since then, we’ve been once more. I’m so glad that the weather is warming up enough to go to the beach.
The first time we went, it was just me and the boys, the second time, it was everyone. The water was FREEZING but it didn’t stop the girls from getting in. Xander ate the sand the first day but didn’t bother with eating the sand the second time. The kids love the beach though and have been bugging us to go more often.
- I am broken out in hives today, and have been since last night. It was hell trying to sleep. I’m embarrassed to even go anywhere.
- I started Insanity but I have skipped 3 days. Time to get back into it – but only if these hives go away first.
- Our landlord visited for the first time yesterday. I was nervous but she didn’t do an inspection and just stopped by to say “hi” basically.
- I have multiple post drafts ready to go. I just have to get them all written up and hit publish!
- I am really glad that I’m doing nothing today. I have to get the girls from the bus stop and get Kay to gymnastics but that is it. I want to be lazy today.
- I’m having a hard time coming up with 10 things for today that wont go into the posts I am already planning to write.
- Our little dog gets neutered on Thursday. I am really hoping that it stops his need to mark everywhere.
- I wish I could sleep for hours and hours and hours right now. I’m so tired.
- I need a new cell phone, mine is a piece of crap!
- I haven’t been reading much lately. I’ve been on the same book for a month. I need to get out of the no reading funk!
I am no longer a Scentsy Consultant. Scentsy made a new rule recently where you needed to sell a certain amount in a single month, but you had 3 months to do it. I had no problem selling that minimum amount within those 3 months but I never did make it all in a single month. Therefore, they pretty much kicked me out without any sort of notice. That said, I needed another way to make some sort of supplemental income. In came, Avon. I signed up for just $10 and have been an Avon Representative for less than a month now.
I think I will actually like this better than Scentsy, and I know a lot of people that buy it that have switched to me as their representative already! If you are interested, you can check me out at My Avon Website I’m looking forward to this new endeavor of mine. I can always mail out catalogs to you as well, or you can receive them through email if you sign up for my newsletters.
- I started Insanity again today. I’m hoping to stick with it this time. I’m trying to eat better too but hopefully Insanity alone will be enough to help me lose some of this fat I’ve got going on.
- I really believe that Addison will need braces. I’m not sure about Kayliana yet but Addison’s teeth aren’t growing in properly. I have a feeling BOTH girls will need it.
- Our landlord is visiting for the very first time come Monday. I’m nervous to say the least.
- Addison had her dance recital pictures taken at the dance studio. I still need to do my own though. As a photographer, I refuse to pay other people for my kids pictures with fake smiles. I’m thinking I’ll do them tomorrow if the weather behaves.
- I still never did get better about updating. I keep forgetting what I’m going to write about. I need to just make “drafts” and put in titles that will help me remember.
- We’ve been keeping our eye on the housing market. In about 6 months, we are going to begin the real looking process and seeing if we qualify for a loan and how much.
- The husband goes to Vegas at the end of this month. I’m jealous!
- My newest tv show obsession is Merlin. It’s no longer on but I’ve been watching it on Netflix.
- I got rid of my red hair. I dyed it back to brown and put in copper highlights.
- I’ve started Spring cleaning today. I’m ready for this weather and it’s getting me in the mood to do some organizing and deep cleaning.
1. What is your ideal way to relax?
Relax?? What is that? I guess the only way I really do relax is by laying in bed and reading.
2. Where is your favorite place to be?
Outside of home… Disney World!
3. Who do you consider your biggest role model?
I see this question a lot, but the truth of the matter is… I don’t have one. I am my own role model. I’m like no one else I know, and not anything like anyone in my own family. I’ve taken a different path than what my family has. My beliefs are different and I’m my own little person.
4. What does your life look like in 3 years?
In our own house, with me close to being done with my degree and having a day care within my own home. Xander will be in VPK and we’ll have a competitive dancer and gymnast in the family. The husband and I will still be very happy.
5. If you could go back and change one decision, what would it be?
The only thing I can think of is mentioning anything to someone in particular. I don’t know if it would have made a difference in the end. Probably not, but at least I know that things wouldn’t have been “my fault.”
6. What is your biggest accomplishment in life thus far?
Need I say more?? This is the best accomplishment anyone could ask for.
Now that Xander is a year old, I’ve been getting the question lately about whether or not we are done having kids. I wasn’t completely sure at first. My desire to have another little girl still holds, but, the truth of the matter is, I feel like my family is complete. I have no desire to ever get pregnant again. Xander completes our family. I’m very content with my 2 girls and my 2 boys. I like the fact that they are getting a bit older and that I’m able to have one on one time with each of them at some point. It gives me time to do something special with each of them now that I don’t have a pregnancy or a nursing child to tag along with me. My boys are a handful too, and I think that plays a big factor on not wanting more children. Though, I did swear to myself that I’m waiting until Xander turns 2 to make a permanent decision. Even then, I’m not sure what I’ll do when he turns 2.
The tubal litigation process scares me. I’ve heard of people having issues or more painful, longer periods. To be honest, I’m not sure I can handle that. Before I got back on birth control, my periods had me nauseous, sick to my stomach and in pain for a full solid 7 days with 3 of those days being so heavy, I couldn’t go anywhere longer than 30 minutes. Now that I’m on birth control, I have little to no cramps, my periods are lighter and shorter. This alone may make me stick with birth control for a little bit longer before a permanent solution is taken into action.
Either way, I’m very content with my 4 kids and my husband. We make a perfect family of 6 and I think all of us are very happy with where we are. I know that Willie wants NO more kids, and I’m at the point where I’m about 99% positive, I don’t want anymore either. I doubt I’ll change my mind. I’m ready to move forward and enjoy the individual personalities and watching them grow and turn a bit more independent. I never thought that I would ever feel “complete.” That worried me. I never did feel “complete” after Tristan, and I know it bugged me for a long time before I brought it up to Willie. He wasn’t happy at first, but I don’t think he’d change a thing. I think both him and I can agree that everything feels like a perfect fit now.
So, there it is. No, we do not plan on having anymore. Yes, we are done – unless of course, a birth control baby pops up unexpectedly.
Linking up this week with Ashley Lately for the Social Sunday.
1. What are the top 3 things you can’t go a day without doing?
Giving my babies hugs and kisses
Eating some sort of junk food – which I really need to fix for my weight isse.
Listening to music.
2. What are 3 things that scare you the most?
Losing family, Someone breaking into my home, and spiders!
3. What are 3 places you want to see before you kick the bucket?
Australia, Ireland and Rome
4. What are 3 movies you will always love?
Pirates of the Caribbean, The Notebook and Beauty and The Beast… there are so many more though!
5. What are your 3 favorite current songs?
I don’t think I could come up with 3, so I’ll just list my current favorite – Demons by Imagine Dragons
Kayliana and I headed to the University of Florida in Gainesville at the beginning of the month, right before their spring break. It was a mommy and me trip pretty much. It was just the two of us and it was really nice to spend some one on one time with her for a day.
I pulled her out of school a bit early so that we could get to Gainesville in time. We checked into our hotel, had dinner at McDonalds and then headed over to the college to watch the Gators compete against West Virginia. I think Kayliana was in awe. Some of the girls from West Virginia fell on the beam and the bars. We watched one girl fall right on her face on the bars and I think her mouth went wide open. She told me afterwards that she was afraid that she was going to do the same thing when she got older. I asked her if she was interested in doing collegiate gymnastics when she got older but she said she didn’t know but thought it was really cool. We got gymnastics shirts for just $3.99 each. I think she was talking about the gymnastics meet for days. She really had a lot of fun!
The gators won, by the way! Here are some images, courtesy of other people that were there and my own phone.
I know that I said that I was going to blog more but every single time I think about it, I can’t seem to come up with anything to say. Things are pretty much the same old. I could probably come up with a few things, and I may do this tomorrow when I get some time since we do not plan on going anywhere.
Life is pretty much the same as always on my end. Well, just a few things I can definitely post about. I need to get some pictures together. I think that is where I’m failing lately. I feel like I NEED images to my posts and I need to pick up the camera way more often than I have been lately. I’m really going to try to get better at this blogging thing!
Stay tuned tomorrow, and this week for some updates! With pictures!
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2014