I haven’t done a weight loss update in awhile. The truth is, there isn’t much to update. While I was originally down 2 pounds, I’m now back up those 2 pounds, unfortunately. It isn’t for a lack of trying to be honest. I’ve been at the gym for a month now. No weight loss at all, however, I’m trying to not be too down on myself for it because I have lost an inch in my stomach, waist and hips. Visually, when taking pictures, I can see my body shape changing. I guess with 4 kids, you have to expect that the muscles in your stomach just aren’t what you want them to be. My stomach is my biggest problem area. I know it is going to take forever to lose that. My skin has stretched multiple times, and I have to accept that it could take me a really long time for this particular problem area to not be much of a problem area.
At this point, it looks as though I am losing fat while gaining muscle – hence the no weight loss. The important part is that with pictures, I can see my body changing. I told Willie that I had 4 kids, to give me 4 years to get where I would like to be (completely flat stomach and toned arms, legs, butt and abs).
I also have to take into consideration that I run a daycare and my kids are in extra curricular activities. While at times, I can spend 1.5 hours at the gym, there are times where I can barely be there for a half an hour. I have to take what I can at this point. The fact of the matter is though, I feel better about myself just by actually going to the gym. It makes me feel like I’m not just sitting here letting myself get fat, I’m working on it, I’m keeping myself active and I am actively doing something about the fat.
A very very late Wordless Wednesday
- It is just past 11:30pm and I’m writing this up. It IS still technically Tuesday, so I figured why not!
- I’m starting to finally notice small changes from going to the gym. I need to be a bit better about my eating habits but at least I’m noticing a difference in my own body, and that is the biggest deal for me. I have a long way to go, but at least progress is being made.
- I got off of my birth control because it was screwing me up. No, I have no plans on having another – definitely not, but until I can find a doctor I trust to tie my tubes, we are doing what we can to avoid getting pregnant. Hopefully no surprise babies!
- Money sucks! We always always struggle between September and January every single year. I don’t know what it is about this time of year that causes us to be like this.
- We got our newest cat and dog neutered today. I spent less on both of them by finding a Humane Society that did them than I would have spent if I took them to our regular vet for just one of them.
- I took a 3 hour nap earlier today and I think it was a mistake, since now, I’m up at almost midnight.
- I’ve been drinking coffee like crazy lately, and it doesn’t help that we have a Starbucks around the corner now, so when I’m out, I’ll grab one of those when I can too!
- I’ve got 2 daycare kids tomorrow and am thinking that I’ll be having my kids go into school late in the morning. We need to get to a few cities over to get Kayliana’s glasses, and trying to do it after school is nearly impossible.
- Totally random, but I’m craving mashed potatoes and gravy.
- I am not looking forward to waking up at 6:30am tomorrow morning! Gah!
Kayliana had her 2nd gymnastics meet yesterday. We had to make an almost 2 hour trip to Lakeland to go to it. Once we figured out the teams she was up again, we knew it was going to be a tough competition. We had gyms there that pretty much always win everything. We also noticed that these judges were far pickier and tough. Overall, she did better this competition, but because of the difference in judges, she scored lower. Different judges, different views I guess. No big deal though. Even if she didn’t meet the minimum last time around to qualify for states, she still ended up qualifying for states this time around. She walked away a little bummed with her scores, but, she also walked away with 2 medals this time. Hard to compete with a single gym that has over 25 of their girls competing in the competition!!! Next competition is not only closer, but 2 of the more difficult gyms to beat will not be there, however, we have a local competitor that will be there and we are hoping to at least kick their butts!
7th Overall on Beam
8th Overall on All Events
5th Overall – Team Award
And just a proud mama of her gymnast
And, of course, the videos of her competition for this meet.
BEAM – 8.975
Floor – 8.000
Vault – 8.050
Bars – 8.325
Clearwater is a very popular beach here in Florida. We haven’t been with our kids, so we wanted to take them there while we were around the Tampa area a few weeks ago when we were there for Kayliana’s first gymnastics meet. We made a mini vacation out of it, actually. We headed up there on a Saturday afternoon and hit the beach and stayed at a hotel that night and headed to University of Tampa on Sunday morning for Kay’s meet. It was super hot out but the kids had a lot of fun at the beach. You can tell they are my kids because I’m very much a beach lover!
Here are some pictures from that day.
So, I’ve decided to take a break from a few online social networking places. One of those is called Bubblews. It’s a place where your write/blog/journal or whatever, and they pay you a penny for every view, comment and like. Well, I’m missing about $250 at this moment, and after a year of being there, all of a sudden stopped getting paid. I’ve just decided to take it in that I likely will no longer get paid, and I’ve stopped writing over there.
Another place I’ve decided to stop with is Facebook. It may be a temporary thing, but I think not having it would be less stressful as a whole. I’ve got a ton going on right now as it is, and Facebook is just messing with things that need to be taken care of.
I’m currently focusing on moving, trying to figure out our options and everything like that and where to move. A big part of me wants to move away from this area, but the kids have roots here with their dance and gymnastics competition team, and I have my daycare kids. If it weren’t for those 2 reasons, I wouldn’t hesitate to move further north or something. Along with the trying to move situation, I’ve also got gymnastics competitions, dance competitions soon, the holidays, my daycare and the last few weeks of school that I seriously need to focus on. I’m not doing as well with one of my classes as I should be, and I need to stop focusing on social networking places, and focus on my homework and school work.
With that, I should also be able to focus more on my blog. I’ve only got until March until this domain expires and then I need to decide if keeping it is something I want to do, or move to a non-paid service, like blogger, again. I’ve had wordpress for years so it would be a huge change. But, I think when I need to vent, or update on what is going on, etc, I should be doing it here, on my blog, instead of on social networking sites that are eating up my time. At least with my blog, I can post, and disappear. I don’t have to try to see what others are doing or writing about and I wont get sucked up in some groups that I’m a part of and constantly browsing.
Anyway, tonight, I want to try to update with some pictures and a little bit of the things going on. After the gym anyways! I also have to figure out what is going on with my comments. They don’t seem to be coming through on some of them! Gah!
- Willie is in Canada and I’m on my own for a few days with all of the kids. I’ve been running around like crazy the past 2 days, even with the daycare kids.
- Kayliana DID indeed need glasses, so I’m thrilled I went for a 2nd opinion after all. I hope it helps her.
- Kayliana also has her 2nd competition this weekend. I’m excited it is on Sunday again so that I can see her perform again.
- I went to the park with the 4 kids by myself Sunday evening and Tristan busted his tooth on the teeter totter. I thought his tooth was going to fall out. His gum is bruised and I’m hoping his teeth don’t start changing colors and I wont have to have it pulled.
- I haven’t been to the gym since Friday and it’s really bugging me. I feel like I’ll have to start all over again when I can finally go again. Damn Willie and having to leave!
- We’ve canceled our Disney vacation in December. Something came up and we didn’t have a choice. The kids are totally bummed, but we’ve promised them day trips on Sunday’s a few times before our annual passes expire.
- Did I mention before that we got a new puppy? I can’t remember. His name is Hunter and he’s a lab mix.. dunno what he’s mixed with though, just know his mom is 100% yellow lab.
- Without Willie here and having to take all the kids with me, I’m starting to think that even my 8 seater truck isn’t big enough! I definitely need Willie to continue working from home, that’s for sure.
- My blog was down earlier and I think it was because Willie forgot to pay, but it’s up now!
- I keep telling myself at night that I’m going to bed early but insomnia has really taken over my life lately!
Look how gorgeous this girl is in her tap competition outfit! Can’t wait til the beginning of the year to see her perform!
After trying to figure out how I wanted to set up our playroom/daycare room, and not having the chance to paint since we are renting, I finally figured something out. It’s still really basic, but with everything we’ve added on the walls, it certainly helps it feel more like a playroom/daycare room. I know even have a “soft wide baby gate” at the door so that we can try to keep the toys IN the playroom, and actually keep the kids in one place and not have them running all over the place wildly. Now, we still use the other parts of the house of course, but for the most part, I want them to spend the majority of their time in the playroom. So, that is where we are when we aren’t eating or napping. When we move (which is hopefully in the next 6 months) I hope to be able to really have a “daycare” space, and add some camera’s into the playroom so that the moms can check in on their kids too!
Like I said, nothing super fancy, but here is how we have it set up.
Yeah, I need a new bookshelf and a place to put all these puzzles and coloring books.
I made these letters. I cut out of a book and put them on there. I also made the vinyl lettering for the wall.
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2014