Some of you know that I just recently visited Maryland and Virginia on a whim. I have a family member that is sick and I wanted to go up there with the baby so that he could meet him. They can’t travel down here for obvious reasons, so I thought I’d go to them.
I loved my trip there. I thought it was too short to be honest. I was asked if I missed the kids but I guess because I still had one with me, it was much harder to miss them. I love them, don’t get me wrong. I enjoy spending time with them and they ARE my life, but sometimes time away is good and a full 3 days without them wasn’t really enough to “miss them.” I mean, I missed them, but I could have went a few more days without the older 3. I don’t know, it is hard to explain.
Anyway, Xander pretty much cried with everyone who attempted to hold him. He was having some pretty bad stranger anxiety and separation anxiety issues. I even had to pee with him in the bathroom with me or he’d cry while I was “missing.” The only 2 people he did NOT cry with were his Grandma Linda and Grandpa Sam. He cried with my dad, my sister, his great grandparents and my friends. If he napped and I put him in the other room, he’d wake up crying and crawling down the hallway. He was super clingy, didn’t sleep well and was just a really difficult baby compared to what he usually is like.
Of course, everyone loved him despite his stranger problems and I think a lot of people were sad to see us leave. Overall, I’m just glad I got to go up there and have our family finally meet the baby and get to spend time with them. Here are some pictures… they are all Iphone pics so I apologize for the quality. I wanted to bring as little as possible, so no camera images for me since I didn’t bring my beloved Nikon. Some of these were stolen from others
I don’t believe that I have updated on my Doctors appointment. You’ll remember from previous posts that I have had an on going rash that pops up about every single day randomly. I haven’t found a trigger. On top of that, I have a lingering cough and wheeze if I don’t take Zyrtec every single day too. I thought it was time to hit the doctors office.
I went to an allergy specialist. I really liked her. She was very informative and took her time with me. Apparently my ear canal is very narrow and positioned differently than a typical ear, opening me up to more ear problems and ear infections. She checked my nose and pretty much said that it looked awful and then she checked my throat and said it was red and raw (though it doesn’t hurt). I was lucky enough to have the rash while I was there so she could see it. It was a slight case, but enough to show her what I was talking about. She called it some long name I can’t remember and then said that it was my skin reacting to allergies and that it looks like I have a severe case of allergies and the asthma I’m experiencing is also from allergies. She noticed that when I scratched I turned red immediately where I scratched and it also raised a little bit. She said it was a sign that it could be an auto-immune disease and that could also be causing the rash I’m getting too.
I left with a paper to get lab tests done. They are checking my thyroid, and other immunology and allergy tests. I get my results back on Friday when I go back to do a breathing test to see how bad my asthma is (which I can’t believe is that bad since I only need my inhaler some of the time). She put me on Pepcid which oddly, with an antihistamine (Zyrtec) helps with skin issues. She also switched me off of Flonase and put me on Rhinocort.
Hopefully I know more this Friday and can update you guys! But, it looks like my hormones after giving birth to Xander changed enough to where my allergies are extreme.
- Trust is not something I’m willing to give out anymore.
- We started our Advent Calendar on the 1st. Will have posts about this!
- We have 3 items to buy before we are done Christmas shopping. We’re just waiting for another paycheck to roll around.
- I’m really hoping that Willie gets his bonus before we leave for Disney. We were relying on that for seasonal passes.
- We have almost finished our Christmas decorations. I have to get my lighted trees up in the yard and then we need to get our real tree and we’ll be done.
- I can’t seem to keep my house clean to save my life. Tristan has turned into a little tornado lately. It doesn’t help that I don’t feel like cleaning either.
- We have a playdate today and I haven’t bothered to get off my butt and clean.
- My etsy shop is picking up some business but it’s still not where I want it to be. Start spreading the word people (http://www.etsy.com/shop/RutherfordWoods). I think that I’m going to start offering discounts for my blog readers, or anyone who happens to pass through my blog and finds the discount code.
- I’m purposely trying to be vague with my 10 on Tuesday so that I still have something to write about when I do actual posts.
- The kids only have 2 weeks of school this month. We’re pulling them out for vacation one week and they don’t go back until January for Christmas/Winter break.
And.. because I really want to say this because I could REALLY use her right now… I miss Heather!! – So there you have it.. my Eleven on Tuesday
I know that I have been an awful blogger lately, but I’m really hoping that I will become a better one, starting now. We have a lot of holiday things coming up so I want to be able to share them with you all in a timely manner. Things have been hectic here. We’re trying to settle in and accept all the things going on around us. With that said, I am going to be back in a little while and get a new post up and start scheduling some things ahead of time, that way all of my loyal readers (if I still have any) will have something to read frequently again.
Not only have a been a bad blogger, I’ve been a bad reader. I don’t think I’ve checked Bloglovin’ in a long time, so that is on my goal tonight too! To try to catch up on some of the bloggers I enjoy!
Hang in there, please!
My oldest.. now 8 years old, has begun to become boy band crazy. One Direction is her band of choice. Just recently, she has decided to get really into them and will listen to the songs on her ipod over and over again. We have bought her 2 cups One Direction related and one has Harry Styles on it. Apparently she thinks he is “so cute” and she “loves him.” She has had us clean out that cup to use it 2 days in a row. She’s now even watching the X-Factor season that has One Direction in it.
On top of the music (which we really need to get the entire albums on her ipod) and the cups, we were at Target the other day and she saw Harry Styles – One Direction wrapping paper. She begged us to get it and asked that all of her presents this year are wrapped in it.
She wants a One Direction ornament this year (they get to pick a new one each year) and I’ve tried looking for One Direction t-shirts and jewelry for her but I haven’t really found any in stores, so I’ll likely have to look online.
That said, I’m really surprised that the boy band craze has begun already.
Have you missed me? I wish I had more to write about but I really don’t. I could probably come up with a few things, and I probably have some photo’s to upload and catch up on. Maybe I will work on that later this evening!
Anyway, here is my 10 on Tuesday
- I finally went to the doctors… I am awaiting test results. I will write a post about it!
- We canceled Xanders 9 month appointment to January. He gets high fevers with his shots so I’m okay delaying them a bit.
- My house is a disaster. It’s so hard to keep up with these days. It’s like Tristan has become a wrecking tornado lately.
- I enjoyed my trip to Maryland and Virginia but it felt awfully short. I certainly don’t miss it up there, but I do miss the people. I wish I could bring everyone down here to live.
- The kids put up Christmas trees in their bedroom over the weekend. I will do a post about that too.
- I’m finally getting into the holiday spirit. We’ve started our Disney countdown and our Christmas countdown. Lights should go up this weekend and I need to start wrapping.
- The girls have off of school tomorrow through Sunday so it should be interesting to see how much stuff I get down while they are home.
- I’m doing okay on Bubblews. I didn’t get paid once, but every other time, they have paid me. I’ve earned about $200 this month so far, and I earned $200 last month too. Looks to be about average but I hope by January, I’m earning at least $300 easily.
- I’ve started reading the Allegiant by Veronica Roth but it’s not as good as her 2 previous books in the series.
- I dread picking up my kids from the bus stop. They are just such nasty people at the bus stop and it’s not in the greatest of areas, but I digress. Now, I have to submit this post and head to get them.
WW – Halloween Style
And by the end of the night, the sky looked like this… and no, I didn’t edit.. I just resized it.
- Our Halloween candy is making me fatter
- Tristan has been so unruly lately, that I have no idea how to handle him.
- I earned over $200 on Bubblews in October… score!
- We have started Christmas shopping. 2 big items are out of the way.
- I’m visiting the Maryland/Virginia area in a week! Aghhhh! I swore I wasn’t coming back, but I have a good reason. The baby and I are flying up there. Should I mention that I get motion sickness and fear planes??
- The baby had a 2 day 102 fever for no apparent reason.
- I think I need the break from the 3 older kids though. They are driving me nuts. The time away from the husband is NEEDED to. I love them, but some me time is going to be great.
- One of our little puffers died yesterday
- I’ve been so tired lately. I’m wondering if it’s more low iron!
- We’re getting ready to pay for Addison’s dance recital costume… so she is stuck for the next 8 months. Once we pay for this, there is no opting out later.
And yes, I’m a day late on this.. I’m playing catch up.
What I go through trying to do my own family portraits with a timer and tripod. Completely un-edited.
- I have a really bad headache today. I’ve been getting them more and more lately. I don’t know if it is sinuses, anxiety, or just hormones.
- Ever since I cracked my front screen and replaced it, I have had trouble with accidentally hanging up on people, muting them, putting them on hold or dialing with my face. It’s time for a new phone.
- I haven’t done deep cleaning in a long while. I’ve done the typical pick up, clean up thing, but no real hardcore cleaning.
- The weather here has been beautiful. We’ve been leaving our windows and patio doors open. I am actually sitting out on my lanai typing this.
- I feel like the weekend flew by, and the kids had off on Friday too.
- I still need to edit the family picture I took and Xanders pictures too.
- I am not in the Halloween mood. I think it’ is my least favorite holiday.
- I have earned almost $200 on Bubblews this month.. just for writing anything and everything like I probably should be doing on my blog.
- I don’t think we are doing the Thankful tree this year. I am having a hard time getting into any holiday spirit. I hope that turns around by Thanksgiving though because Christmas is my favorite holiday.
- I’m considering dropping being a Scentsy consultant. No one is interested in parties around here and when I do have one for someone, I get ignored and have people talk about me behind my back. I think I’d rather just avoid those kinds of situations.
Copyright © Heather Chapman 2013